Thursday, November 1, 2012

Mother/Daughter




This is a probably a boring post to most everyone.  But I am about to go on and on about my only daughter!  Miss Allison Ann has been on my mind lately.  With Beckett's birth I was so worried about Cooper, but as it turned out it effected Allison more.  I should have known Cooper is such a laid back lil guy, and is barely phased by Beckett's presence.  I don't know if Allison current issues are due to Beckett's birth or where they stem from.  A month after school started Allison was starting to really complain about school.  It eventually turned into full out crying about going to school, her excuse was she missed me while at school.  Just to appease her, after two years of not walking her into her class room I have started doing it again with both boys in toe!  I also started visiting her during lunch time, twice a week.  I also started leaving her messages in her lunch box.  Things have gotten better and we are in the processes of tapering off both area's.  School is definitely tougher this year and my Alli-cat stress over perfection in her school work.  I am happy to say she made straight A's ( two 98's and a 93 to be exact) on her report card.  And before you start think A's, that's got to be easy for second grade.  Let me stop you right there and say, its not! It's amazing to see the changes in your child from infancy to toddler hood then preschool aged and to know.  Allison is truly a wonderful big sister!  She has a huge heart, always worrying about others.  Some times I don't know how she does it!  I adore this child and am infinitely blessed to have her as my daughter.  You know the saying where a father should be his son's first hero, and his daughters first love.  Well Allison has always had a special place in Richard's heart, she worries so much about what he thinks of her.  And the first thing out of her mouth when she is in trouble is don't tell daddy.  I feel like I work really hard at having a good relationship with Allison.  Its a tricky thing to be all the roles I take on disciplinary, teacher, cook, taxi driver, comforter etc etc!  But this child is so worth all the effort it takes to be the best mom I can be.  There is seriously something special about being the first born child, Allison definitely holds my heart differently then her brothers.  Maybe its a women thing?  With the boys I just want to raise good men, but with my daughter It's so much more deep!  I am not saying I love one more than the other, they all hold my heart differently! 

No comments:

Post a Comment