Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Tuesday happenings




Today is my dads birthday. Every year on his birthday we visit his grave. I have never taken Allison to his grave, this year she ask to go. My sister's and I dropped are kids off at our mom's and load in the car with Allison to visit our Dad. I remember we had such a hard time picking his head stone, we weren't sure what to choose. My mom totally new best and said something simple and something that signified that he was our father. This morning was beautiful and I enjoyed the time with my sisters and Allison.


Today was also our bake/swim day. We invited a friend of ours and her daughter's to swim with us. It was such a hot day, it was so refreshing to be in the pool! After swimming and lunch we made an apple cobbler, it made an absolutely lovely smell through my sisters house.

2 comments:

  1. that apple cobbler looks delicious! i'm making richie an apple cobbler for his birthday this weekend. he wants that instead of cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So hard. Loosing my dad is right up there in my worst fears!

    ReplyDelete