Tuesday, October 4, 2011

60 days


We have been in Hobbs New Mexico for 2 months know. I think we are finally getting in a good grove. Are house is unpacked and set up. Allison seems to be fitting in at her school, she has friends and is learning. Our soccer season is going wonderfully. Cooper and I are enjoying are days together going for a morning walk, visiting parks, playing hide and seek, and our daily learning sessions. A few weeks after we moved here Chevron offered Richard a new position at new office not to far from Hobbs. He took the position. This is his third week with the new position at the new office and Richard couldn't be happier! I think out of our little family I am the only one lagging behind. I am still really missing my family and it would be fair to say we are still spending a majority of our time going to Midland to visit family on any special occasion. I really am missing the bigger city life, I know it may sound like a joke but Hobbs is a bit small. I need a TARGET, I even more desperately need a HEB! I miss my walking buddy, I miss the convenience of a mall. I miss convenient banking. But most of all I miss my family. I remember one night this past summer, I was feeling down and I drove right over to my moms and chatted with her outside for hours, then I drove to my sister and visited with her for a while too! I really miss how easy it was living in the same town. I know there a phone call away but hey this is the first time being away from family and its my blog and I am allowed to cyber pout.

1 comment: