Sunday, October 9, 2011

Mother daughter time


Today after church Richard had to go into work. The kids and I enjoyed an afternoon together. When Cooper went down for a nap Allison and I were able to spend some time together. Allison wanted to watch the little mermaid movie with me, she recently has gotten into this move again. I will never forget when Allison was 2 and a half and she was so into little mermaid, we use to watch it everyday for like months! As we watched the movie Allison and I talked. Allison would tell me her favorite part and would ask me my favorite part. Then we talked about the scary parts of the movie. Allison would go on to quote the characters lines. And at one point Allison told me something "Mom did you know that the prince in the Little Mermaid, Cinderella, and Sleeping beauty they all kinda look alike." I enjoyed are time together and when the movie was over and I went to talk to Richard about something before I left I kissed Allison on her forehead and she said to me "Mom kisses last forever."



Spending time with just Allison was priceless, and reminded me of the weekly mother daughter time we use to spend together by ourselves. I think it is time to pick up that tradition again. I thought I would add my favorite picture of Allison and I.

1 comment: