Thursday, April 15, 2010

Moments




I was thinking about sharing a couple of sweet quiet moments you share by yourself with your children.




Cooper had been sick for a couple of days and I was in the rocking chair feeding him, at the time he wasn't a year old just yet. He was having a hard time breathing and looked right up at me with those baby blues that remind me of my deceased father and he just melted my heart. I gently chorused his hair and touched his little face and talked to him for a little bit about how he would be turning one years old in a few days and talked to him about how I remember how he was in my belly and gave me several false alarms of his impending birth. Suddenly my oldest child walked into the bedroom, I knew it had been to quiet for to long. Cooper had finished eating and I held him straight up and then Allison asked to sit with me and I pulled her up on my lap and just squeezed on my babies for a while. I took a deep sigh and smelled my Allison's hair when I heard a CLUNK one side of the rocking chair it busted and fell to the side CLUNK the other side busted, I grabbed on tight to my children and the chair completely fell apart underneath me. Allison looked up at me and started laughing, Cooper started giggling and I started laughing. Moment over!!!




Every night Allison and I work on her alphabet and her numbers right before bed time. We had finished our little lesson and I was combing her wet hair and she said "mommy am I a teenager?" I said "no honey your going to be five soon your not a teenager until your thirteen", she giggled "well I thought once you start going to school that meant you were a teenager." "Mommy" she said "yes love bug" Once I go to school I wont be able to go to I HOP with you and daddy early in the mornings sometimes because I'll be at school." I laughed " Well Allison we probably wont go with out you, plus school will be so much fun, you wont even think about mommy." "Mommy I'll always think about you no matter where I am or what I am doing. I love you mommy." "Well Allison I love you to and no matter what I'll always love you to." "Mommy I love you like a permanent marker that never comes off, like forever!" "Oh Allison I love you like a permanent marker too!"




So here is to those special moments with your little ones, enjoying them!!!

1 comment:

  1. Those were sweet and hysterical. I love you like a permanent marker is TOO cute!

    Lila

    ReplyDelete