Monday, April 26, 2010

Thoughts of a 4 year old


So I have been told that my daughter Allison, has an interesting way of saying things. My daughter is extremely literal in her thinking and some times it can come off witty or funny. So I thought I would share a few of my daughters thoughts.



*We had a little shopping day with my mother before our weekend at the lake. We were shopping for swim suits and such. At the end of our day we left the mall and walked out into the parking lot to leave and let me add it was very windy. And Allison's says " Mom I am BALD I am bald my hair is every where and I cant see my hair is in my face!" My mother looks at me and bust out laughing and I tell Allison you mean your blind?



*Richard and I had a wedding that we were both in, so we had my mother in law watch the kids for the afternoon of the wedding. We dropped Allison and Cooper off and the first thing Allison ask was if Grandma and Grandad would take her to MC Donald's. I gently tell Allison that she and Cooper had already eaten dinner and I brought snacks if she felt hungry again later. Allison says "Well don't worry mom, Grandma and Grandad have that OLD money, so they can take us out to eat!" I was shocked and asked Allison what she meant and she said " Well mom, Grandad and Grandma there old and they have had money for a long time so they have Old Money!"


*I am not sure if many will understand this thought but I'll try to explain.... Allison and Cooper have a favorite TV show called imagination movers. The imagination movers solve idea emergencies, and some times there friend Nina helps, her Uncle Nick Nots (Sp) makes things boring and only like boring things he works next door to the movers. One day Allison began to tell me something about the imagination movers. " Mom, I think that Grandma and Grandad are like Uncle Nick Nots they only like boring and do boring things, and that your Grandma is like the imagination movers she is fun and helps me solve problems"


*By far my favorite! Shortly after Cooper was born Allison watched me give Cooper a bath and we had a very interesting discussion. I am undressing Cooper and take of his diaper and put him in his lil bath tube. Allison stares and stares at his penis and I think oh here we go.... "Mom i don't understand was my pee pee like Coopers when I was a baby." I think for a moment. "No, boys and girls have different pee pees." " Okay mommy, but do you and I have the same pee pee?" "Yes, love." "Do daddy and I have the same pee pee?" " No honey" "Does Cooper and Daddy have the same pee pee?" "Yes Allison they do." "OH!!!!!!!!!"


Hope you enjoyed a few insights from Allison maybe someday I will do a part 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment