Monday, July 12, 2010

Airplanes




Day1~

June 21 2010, I flew to California with my two children......... ominous music is playing, don't you hear it???

We had a a 1:30 flight out of Midland and a layover in Las Vegas with about an hour delay and we had to change plans and then we would fly directly to Oakland. Let just say everything didn't pan out so perfectly. Although we made it to the Midland airport with plenty of time to check in potty, kiss daddy goodbye and buy the kids some juice and watch the planes fly by. We were lucky to have the early bird check in with an A boarding pass we were like fifth in line made it on the plan fairly easy found a seat close to the front for the three of us. Buckled the kids in, no one screaming. All aboard, Allison and I chewing gum Cooper seating back with a sippy cup in hand and a pacifier in his mouth. The plan lights dim and we start moving Cooper moves around gets up crawls in my lap sits down and lays back on me, we take off and to my surprise my wild little guy is peacefully sleeping on me. Allison is holding on to her lamb and I tell her to grab her bag and pull her coloring book out and colors mommy was going to close her eyes with Cooper. We sleep almost the entire flight to Vegas and wake up the last 15 minutes of the flight PERFECT!!!! We gather our things and leave the airplane make our way to the monitor to check on our next flight and we are delayed and hour and a half, boo!!!! Lets just say the terminal is horribly busy and no seats left at our gate double boo. I have one active little guy who woke up from a nap and wants to RUN!!! I get us a seat at a table across from our gate, and pull out the DVD player hoping Cooper will watch, lets just say mommy played the catch your kid before he runs in the busy hall way of a million people game over and over again. Then we played the game I am hungry for food that's on the other side of the airport and I have to hold my naughty 23 month old and my daughters hand with our carry on luggage and then walk all the way back with food. The longest 2 and half hours of my life. Fast forward to waiting in the line to get on board for 45 minutes with Cooper in my arms wiggling to get out and kicking, fun fun fun! Finally where on borard and 30 minutes of passengers have seated and where taking off and the naughty boy falls asleep again, HEAVEN!!!!!! We made it to our destination and I couldn't have been happier the worst part was over, we would thankfully have daddy for the flight back, YAY!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment