Friday, November 18, 2011

1st grade Thanksgiving Feast



I was surprised when I got a note sent home that the first grade would be participating in there own Thanksgiving feast. I was overwhelmed with joy when I saw so many parents and grandparents show up to bring items for the feast and also help serve the children. I had an easy job serving the rolls, what kid doesn't want bread? All the children where wearing some kind of head piece representing Indians or Pilgrims, they all looked so cute. Cooper was surprisingly well behaved, although he is so familiar with the school that he thinks we owns the place! Allison was pretty happy to see us there, and we enjoyed eating lunch with her and her classmates! It was a nice escape from the current tragedy our family was hit with that particular day. Spending that time with my kids reminded me how blessed our family is.


A side note, if you look real hard you can see Cooper in the back of the last picture sitting on the stage wearing his red pants.

1 comment:

  1. Cute! I love parental/grandparental involvement. Some things are still right with the world.

    ReplyDelete