Thursday, November 10, 2011

A day with Cooper


Most of my day revolves around this little guy so I thought I would blog about this special time with him. Cooper is an extremely early riser, I think there are 4 times in his life that he has slept in! With the time change Cooper is waking up at 5:30am! I appreciate that Cooper is still taking two hour naps daily. Just recently we stopped our morning walks together because of the cooler weather. But normally Cooper would sit back in the stroller with snacks while I walked nearly 3 miles every morning. Usually after we drop off Allison at school, Cooper wants to watch Mickey Mouse club house and eat his second breakfast. Cooper doesn't make it through the whole show before he is up and playing in his room. His favorite toys are his ghostbuster and batman cave. He will play with them for hours!! Lately Cooper has been into playing with his Lego's, and builds magnificent buildings! But most of the day Cooper plays dress up and likes to stay in character! Once he told me after jumping off the bed and me getting on to him "Mom, I got webs don't worry about it!" For weeks he changed between his Captain America, Iron man, and spiderman, but know its only spiderman! Cooper tells me he is Peter Sanchez not Cooper Sanchez. Everyday Cooper and I sit down at the kitchen table for study time! We go over our letters, numbers, and colors. We practice drawling letters on the dry erase board together and play with the magnet colored shapes. Most of all Cooper loves it when I read him stories! I jokingly tell people that I run a 24 hour restaurant at the beck and call of Cooper. That kid eats all day!!! Some of the things Cooper eats: carrots, apples, grapes, blue berries, oranges, bananas, celery, broccoli, peanuts, and pickles! Some times I feel like I am raising a rabbit not a little boy! Through out the day Cooper constantly ask me if we are going to pick up Allison. Cooper also loves to play games on the computer, Disney junior is his favorite site! Everyday when we pick up Allison from school Cooper falls asleep and is out for hours! When he wakes he runs around crazy playing with Allison and they love to build caves and house with the couch seats. Sometimes I over hear them play spiderman where Allison is Mary Jane. I am so thankful for my lil guy, he has been a wonderful addition to our family and everyday he reminds just how grateful I am. His blue eyes light up my life, I see so much of his daddy in him and that brings me joy. It hasn't always been easy to be your mother Cooper but your worth everything to me.

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet boy. My kids are early risers too. It's exhausting - but I do like how much I accomplish each day getting up that early.

    ReplyDelete