Wednesday, January 11, 2012

AR Run



This past Friday Allison was eligible to participate in the Accelerated Reader Run! In First grade the children start working on Accelerated Reader. The program consist of students reading books which allocate certain points and then take computer test over the book. If the child passes the computer test they receive the points. Allison received enough points to participate in her first AR run! I have to mention only a third of her class was eligible to participate. I can not explain how excited my little girl was about running! I received a note home explaining the time of the event and a reminder from Allison the day of! I was pleasantly surprised when I showed up at the school and the parking lot was full, parents filled the halls to watch there kiddos! Luckily I got a great seat right at the front and was able to record a video of Allison. The Principal announces the name of the participant and the child runs from the start of the hall and comes out from the back of the hall back to the cafeteria. First grade started off the program and I could see Allison in line, the fifth person. I have to mention my Alli-cat had a smile from ear to ear and boy did she run fast!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment