Monday, September 13, 2010

Sick, sick, sick!


Lovely Monday after a long weekend!! Poor Cooper started coughing around the last week of August so I took the lil guy in to his pediatrician and was told he had viral throat infection as did Allison, they would have to fight it off, prescribed me some cough medicine. Well Cooper's cough started to get worse he seemed to have a hard time breathing and started to have some congestion, and still his cough continued. Well Friday I could hardly stand it so I called his pediatrician who was on vacation and they refereed me to a clinic that was in there group and scheduled Cooper an appointment. I had a crazy busy day, taking Allison lunch, helping my mother who was also really sick, and trying to go to my own chiropractors appointment. I picked up Allison from school and took Cooper straight to the clinic. The Dr looked Cooper over and immediately asked me if he had asthma, which shocked me "NO, my son does not have asthma, that's news to me sir!" He wanted Cooper to lay down so he could look at his throat, as I tried to lay him down he had a coughing fit and literally STOPPED breathing, the Dr quickly told me to pick him up and pat his back and reached in a drawer and gave Cooper a puff from an inhaler! He then took his time listened to Coopers breathing, and told me I had a very sick little boy on my hands! Verdict bronchitis which caused server asthma. I left the Dr office with a prescription for 4 medicines to give Cooper; an inhaler, cough meds, nasal meds, and antibiotics! It was indeed a long weekend, Cooper had many more coughing fits we even let him sleep with us one night so we could keep an eye on him, poor guy couldn't catch a break thought the medicines seemed to give him diarrhea too! WE have a follow up appointment on Tuesday to see how he is doing! Here is a picture of Cooper a day shy of a one month old, prayers for my lil guy to fully heal!

No comments:

Post a Comment