Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Gestional Diabetes test

This morning I had my three hour Gestational Diabetes test. You have to fast from midnight on, no breakfast and when you arrive the lab technician test your fasted blood sugar level. After you drink the glucose drink and then every hour for the next three hours they test your blood. The fruit punch glucose drink was terrible! About the only cool part of the whole long process was there were two other ladies taking there three hour test too, so we got to keep each other company. After my second hour test, I got to leave because I had passed my three other blood test. I PASSED!! I was so relieved, I thought for sure I would have GD because with my luck and it being my last pregnancy. I was seriously shocked! Also when I arrived at the doctors office I went to the bathroom washed my hands and realized I didn't have my wedding ring on!!! Thankful when I went to have lunch with my mom, she found it! Some how in the middle of the night it fell off? Such a sense of calm passed over me today, I felt such a weight lifted knowing that I don't have GD, and know I am going to try and enjoy the rest of this pregnancy. Although Its time to focus on Allison birthday party, I booked the place and the jumper! Cant believe I am going to have a seven year old!

1 comment: