Saturday, August 18, 2012

10 years



Thursday Richard and I celebrated our ten year wedding anniversary! In honor of the day I thought I would list my top ten moments over the past ten years.

1. Our first kiss as husband and wife.  Richard took me by surprise, he put his hand gentle on my cheek and gave me sweet kiss.  It is one of my fondest memories.

2. Our first anniversary in California. It was Richard first time visiting Northern Ca.  We took a ferry boat into San Fransisco. 

3. Finding out Allison was a girl.  It was such a special moment.  Richard had been saying girl all along, and I was totally thinking boy.  When the doctor said it was a girl, Richard started to cry and said "That's my lil princess".  And to this day he calls Allison his princess.

4.  Our 5 year wedding anniversary.  We spent our anniversary with Allison who was 2 in the same town we had our honeymoon San Antonio. We shopped at the outlets, went to Sea World, and ate on the river walk.

5.  When I found out I was pregnant with Cooper.  I was shocked when my nurse called back after my yearly check up to tell me I was pregnant.  When I called Richard crying he shouted out to all his coworkers my wife is pregnant and she is having a boy.  In all actuality we didn't know.  Some how Richard has guessed the sex of all our babies!!!

6. Our first Cowboys football game.  We went to Dallas for the thanksgiving football game with no kiddos!

7. August 14th 2009 when we were sealed in the Lubbock Temple with two of our kiddos.

8. Our 8 year anniversary that we celebrated a month early in San Fransisco by ourselves!  We walked the fisherman's wharf, saw all the sites including china town etc, and saw Wicked at the Orpheum!

9. Disneyland 2011!!  Both the kids were bigger this time.  Cooper was only 11 months old the last time we went and Allison was 4.  This time Cooper was almost 3 and Allison was almost 6.

10.  Beckett's pregnancy and birth!  This being my last pregnancy I tried enjoying everything.  Beckett's movements from his little jabs and kicks, to the hiccups he had in my belly, to listening to his heartbeat.  Even thought my labor was rough, seeing him on my chest after he was born was a priceless moment that only a mother would understand.  The love that I have for my son is indescribable.  Having him in my life now is bittersweet, like he was meant to be all along.  Sharing the moment of Beckett's birth with Richard was the top moment of this year!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary you two! It sounds like you both have many memories in the 10 years you've been married and I'm sure many more will come.

    ReplyDelete