Saturday, January 15, 2011

Iam back!

My aunt at Cooper's Blessing
Courtney and Me at my Aunts house, last week.

My sister and I landed in Midland Last night around 5:30! My darling husband was there to pick us up, man a week is a long time to go with out seeing the husband or my babies! We drove straight over to my in laws to pick up our children. Our jeep is being worked on due to transmission issues and our keys to my in laws house were at the transmission shop. So when we got to my in laws we had to knock on the door and Cooper heard us grabbed his bag and was waiting at the door. Richard opened it and I bent down to Coopers level and I surprised him when he walked out the door and saw me. His eyes were so wide and he instantly hugged me, "MOMMY"! I didn't think he understood that I was coming home that day, but he sure was surprised to see me. And my poor daughter had been sick since Wednesday afternoon so she wasn't feeling her best and had pretty much not eaten in two days when she saw me. I feel at such peace being at home with my little family. Being a stay at home mother is truly where I belong. My poor husband said to me that it took so many people to do my job. And I was still making phone calls states away calling Allison pediatrician and her school!


It was bittersweet leaving California. From this point on this is my new life, without my Aunt in it. It saddens me, but I am strong and promise to learn a lesson from her death and be a better person. Being there in California in her home a week was so necessary for me. I was able to go through some of our childhood photos, report cards, letter's to my Aunt etc! Moments were hard and I cried alot. But thanks to my Aunt Steffer and sister Courtney, those moments were tolerable and made easier. We even kept up with alot of traditions that we normally do while visiting California like we ate at Foster's freeze, went to the book store, played a game of domino's, and ate fish in San Fransisco. My Aunt will be sorely missed, but I will carry on her traditions and love for others in my life. On to the next chapter......

No comments:

Post a Comment