Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day 3




Monday my Aunt had a busy day ahead, she is a retired judge and teaches criminal classes at the junior college. She also reinstated her license to practice law and had a few hearings which made for a full day. My little family decided to take it easy, we packed our luggage and planned a special lunch at pizza joint we love behind my aunts house! A place my Aunt and I dinned on several occasion, my absolute favorite pizza!!! While we were eating Allison said the sweetest thing "Mom I wish I could send a slice of pizza to heaven for Aunt Chach." Later that day we planned to visit my Aunt Ruthie's grave and so we stopped a near by store to pick up flowers to take to her. Before my Aunt Steffer arrived to leave for the cemetery Allison and I had a nice scooter/walk around the block. I shared memories with her from when I was a little girl and had walked the same streets. And how I would earn money by cleaning or washing my aunts car, pulling weeds, or taking out the trash etc. I walk directly behind the house and spend the money I earned at the movie rental store, the ice cream shop behind there house, or at the grocery store for candy. About an hour or so later we eventually made it to the cemetery, which was pretty emotional my Aunt Steffer hadn't ordered a head stone for my Aunt Ruthie yet so we didn't really know where she was and we were really bothered by that. Well Richard spoke up and said why don't I run down to the office and find out for sure. When we found her we talked with my Aunt for awhile and then left her some purple and yellow flowers. A few hours later my Aunt made steaks for dinner and we finished packing the car. It was a a really emotional day, in my heart I didn't want to leave my Aunts house. So many wonderful memories, but it was hard to come to grips with how in 5 months things have changed so drastically. But it was time to put my emotions behind me and start on the second leg of our journey!!! LA here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment