Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Day 4






















We had our alarms set for 5am! The car was packed we just need to load the luggage on the carrier. It was bittersweet to leave and it was one hard goodbye, but not for long I'll be heading back to CA in June! What an amazing person my Aunt Steffer has been since my Aunt Ruthie's death. She is like a solid rock in my life, and I would be lost with out her. Everyday I see her in every aspect of my life, just as my Aunt Ruthie was. So we woke up the kids and left in the rain. I said to my Aunt Steffer that it was my Aunt Ruthie crying, because we were leaving. We hit some major traffic and it put us about 40 minutes behind and about 8:30 we stopped at McDonald's for breakfast. Allison calls it Mr Donald's, and Cooper calls it Donald's! The kids played and we were on our way for several more hours. We stopped for gas around lunch time and indulge in our last time to eat at in and out burger! In Allison words " The bestest hamburger place ever!" And around 3 we pulled into LA!!! So a small back story here. While at my Aunts funeral I ran into a cousin. This cousin his name is Carlo we are the same age and of course spent time together as a children. Well during our time in CA Carlo stayed over at my Aunts and we got to catch up with one another. He lives in LA, so when I new we would be in his area I called and we made plans for dinner the night we arrived in LA! We made plans to meet at a restaurant that was right by a mall I think called The Garden Mall..... Anyway beautiful place!! We were early so we let the kids roam around this beautiful place, that had tons of greenery, flowers, and about 6 fountains! There was a band there and a light show, also very interesting shops. So of course we took a few pictures while there. Then we meet up with my cousin and his date. Dinner was pleasant, great food, good company, and a fabulous atmosphere! I really enjoyed chatting with my cousin and having him meet my kids and husband! Next day Disney Land!

No comments:

Post a Comment