Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A person is a person no matter how small


Today was Allison's first field trip. The entire Kindergarten would be going to Odessa's Permian play house to watch the play Seussical The Musical! The parents were asked to attend the trip to help, so I signed up! I rode the bus there with probably 8 parents, 3 teachers, and maybe a little over 60 kindergartners! There were a few mishaps, a child got sick on the bus and a little girl nearly peed her pants! It was a long 4 hours, but some of the most precious memories made with my daughter. I sat with Allison on the bus and listened to all the children sing some of there songs like wheels on the bus, counting by 1's 2's 5's 10's, days of the weeks, months of the year and many more. I felt so connected to my daughter as she held my hand and had a huge smile on her face. I listened to her talk to her friends, laugh with her friends, show me the "handsome" boy she likes. I enjoyed the play it had many wonderful statements: a person is a person no matter how small, I said what I said and I meant what I meant an elephant is faithful 100 percent, how lucky you are, oh the thinks you can think!

No comments:

Post a Comment