Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Beckett's birth story

 





Friday morning we headed to the hospital for my 4am induction.  We got there right on time and was told to wait out in the waiting area because there was some kind of an emergency and they would come to get us soon.  We waited for about 30 minutes and then they admitted us to a room.  Which we waited in the room for another 45 minutes tell someone finally came in there.  It wasn't until 6:15 when they started the pitocin.  Then it was a nurse shift change at 7.  I went ahead and asked for the epidural because I know it takes so long to get.  It actually didn't take long for my epidural the anesthesiologist showed up at 7:15.  My mom and sister Courtney showed up at 8. Then about 15 minutes later my Dr came by and checked my cervix and I was at 5, and he broke my water.  Unfortunately my relief from the epidural didn't last for long.  For some reason I was extremely nauseous during the entire labor.  I literally cant remember how many times I vomited.  Thank goodness my labors don't last to long! Between 9-11, I was so sick and as a result I have a hard time remember events clearly.  Some time before 11 my little sister came by to visit, but I was so sick I barely remember that.  Also before 11 my epidural wore off, so the anesthesiologist came back by for another dose.  Which made me way more numb then I would have liked.  Also during that time while I was lucid the nurse checked me and I was at a 7.  At little after 11 the nurse came by and she checked my cervix and said that it was baby time.  At that moment I was at my worst nausea wise.  I just kept thinking it cant be time I am so sick how can I push?  I quietly whispered to Richard to pray for me as I said a silent prayer myself.  I pushed even though I had absolutely no feeling, and after awhile like all my other births the Dr gave me an episiotomy.  And at 11:34 Beckett was born.  I was relived from my nausea for a bit and was able to enjoy Beckett's birth.  I was surprised when they put him on my chest and saw his blonde hair, I instantly thought he looked like Cooper.  I really thought the chances of another light child was out of the question.  But Beckett is definitely light with light hair and looks to have blue eyes too.  I didn't get to spend time with Beckett because he was having a hard time breathing.  Richard got to cut his cord and I got to hold him for five minutes and he was taken to the nursery and it would be several hours tell I would see him again,

1 comment:

  1. I've puked during a couple of my labors too. It's yucky! It was the epidural that did it to me is what I was told?

    ReplyDelete