Wednesday, June 22, 2011

California June 2011

































As every time I spend in California it went by in the blink of an eye! Really we literally stuffed some many activities into 6 days: two huge birthday parties, two shopping trips, bra shopping, clique make-up consultation, a day in San Fransisco, etc!!! Really the whole point of the trip was to be there on my Aunts actual birthday. Every year for her birthday she ate at this Japanese restaurant called Kyoto's. We had invited about 25 people to this gather for lunch, and what a turn out we had! It was bittersweet lunch. Honestly the whole trip I felt almost this looming feeling. Being in my Aunts home and in the town where she lived was a bit sad. Although I have been grieving her lose since January because I didn't just visit my Aunt and that was our only contact. She was involved in my daily life. I wasn't uncommon to speak to my Aunt more than once a day. I felt like she was a truly a grandparent to my children she listen and relished in every milestone and achievement. My Aunt was normally the first person I called when my kids were sick!!! Every day is a reminder that she isn't here. Saturday was the day we had the Tree Planting Ceremony. We had a lot to do to prepare for this event, we had at least 70 people that attended. We set up several chairs and umbrellas, cleaned tables and chairs, swept, set up food etc! It was such a wonderful gathering of friends and family. And what a beautiful day it was! I have to say one of my favorite things about our trip was the weather, the hottest day was 84 and most days the temperature stayed at a cool 75. In all it was a very therapeutic trip but I missed the kids and Richard like crazy, I am glad to be home.

1 comment:

  1. I still have not some to terms with my beloved Aunt's death and it's been two years! Something like this would really help.

    ReplyDelete