Friday, December 17, 2010

Family

I guess I have been a little down this week, with Aunts failing health I haven't felt the urge to post. My Aunt is like a second mother to me, I didn't grow up with my Father around or Grandparents or family for that matter. Which is probably one of the reason's I am so close to my sisters, we clung to each other. I have been visiting my Aunt's in California every year since I was 6 years old. Even as an adult with children of my own we dont miss a summer. We would fly most of the time, usually the day after school got out and come home a week before school started. It was the most exciting time of my life. I experience so many wonderful things during those summers. It truly help mold me into the women I am today. The relationship that was built during those summers are ever lasting and so special to me. I was taught so many things: the value of money, hard work, manners, etiquette, educational tools, etc! I acquired life long knowledge that I am forever grateful for my Aunts. I have lost a lot of tears this week but I continue to pray for my Aunt and wait and see what the future holds...

No comments:

Post a Comment