Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Nicknames

ME and Ann


Yesterday while I was finishing my post I was thinking about nicknames. My sister Courtney and I have nicknames for each other. If you noticed I call my sister Ann. My sister's name is Courtney and her middle name is Ann. My sister and I have always called each other by our middles names for as long as I can remember my middle name is Nicole. When we were little and had great imaginations we would cook meals and pretend we owned our own restaurant called Nicole and Ann's place. It's fun to think about the past even as adults we still love to get together and cook! When we were younger my sister and I always said when we had daughters we would give them each others middle names, so when my daughter entered the world I gave her the name Allison Ann. And some years later when my sister welcomed the birth of her second child a daughter she name her Hailey Nicole. We have several nicknames in our family for example my baby sister Heather I call her Feather and my sister Jamie well I call her J. My Aunt Ruthie has a few nicknames, fu fi and cha cha. When I was pregnant with my children I specifically named them for nicknames. Here our my kids nicknames, there are a few!!



Allison~ Alli, Allison Ann, Alli-cat, Alli-o, Alli-ba ba, love bug, Richard Jr


Cooper~Coop, Cooper James, CJ, Cooper Booper, Booper Bear, Booper James, baby blue eyes, and blue eyed demon


I consider nicknames as an affectionate way to call your loved one and a fun way to show your love. Not only is my nickname Nicole or Nic but alot of my friends call me Stac. Oh and my mom she calls me Nic too or Nic at night. Do you have a nickname or have nickname for your kids, please share........

No comments:

Post a Comment