Monday, April 18, 2011

My day



This afternoon I missed a phone call. People rarely call my home phone anymore. Actually its mainly wrong numbers, I couldn't find the cordless. So I went to the main phone and I noticed our answering machine was full and I pushed play. I listen to 4 messages for the wrong number and then I heard a message from 12/03/2010 and I was blown away. The message was from my Aunt, leaving me a message telling me she loved me and would talk to me later. This message was exactly a month before she died. You could tell in her voice she was weak and lethargic. I could not hold myself together, I cried. I usually don't let my emotions get the better of myself in front of my children. Cooper was wide eyed "What happened!" I bent down and hugged my lil guy and he said "It okay mommy." Allison told me she would sing a song to me to make me feel better. I was so taken back my this message I for one didn't expect it and two it was so personal to me completely directed at me "I love you Stacey." I will never delete the message. Oh how you are missed Ruthie. It is so strange to me at at the end of this journey with Richards school that I cant call and share this excitement with my Aunt. It is so unbelievably strange she is not here, it is not my life with out her in it. It certainly makes moments in life that are petty seem minuscule and unimportant. But instead to truly cherish those memorable moments in life. This picture of my Aunt was taken three months before she passed, she is holding my niece Hailey.

No comments:

Post a Comment